For WCSCC Members nominating a charity to be supported for 2021-22 charity cycle, please read and complete this form with your Charity. This charity cycle term will run from June 1, 2021, until May 31, 2022. Completed form must be submitted no later than 5 PM on Monday, March 29, 2021. GUIDELINES
Five (5) qualified charities will be supported each charity cycle unless fewer than five (5) qualified charities are nominated, in which event all of the nominated qualified charities will be supported during that charity cycle. If there are more than five (5) qualified charities nominated, the qualified nominated charities will be presented for selection by ballot to the WCSCC Charities, Inc. Board of Directors.
In order to qualify, the nominated charity must meet the following criteria established by the WCSCC Charities.
- The charity must be nominated by a Women's Club member in good standing. While multiple nominees are welcome, one member must be designated as the primary nominee.
- The nominated charity must be a 501(c) 3.
- The nominated charity must provide service to the community without regard to political affiliation, race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran, or any other reason as defined and prohibited by applicable law.
- The nominated charity's mission must be in line with the WCSCC Charity's mission:
WCSCC Charities, Inc. mobilizes the Sugarloaf community to support local charities whose purposes are to improve the financial, emotional and/or physical wellbeing of families and individuals living in Gwinnett County.
- The nominated charity must benefit the local area and/or have ties to Gwinnett County.
- A charity can be selected for only four (4) consecutive years, and after being selected for four (4) consecutive years, the charity will be considered a "term-limited charity". A term limited charity will be required to take a one (1) year hiatus from being supported unless fewer than five (5) qualified charities that are not term-limited have been nominated for a charity cycle. In that event, a term-limited charity can qualify for selection. If more term-limited charities are nominated than there are remaining open spots, all of the term-limited charities will be presented to the WCSCC membership for selection by ballot to fill the remaining open spots through the member email.
- A nominator of a selected charity must chair one major fundraiser during the charity cycle year.
- All nominators of selected charities must work on all fundraising activities during the charity cycle.
Net proceeds from all fundraisers each year will be combined and divided equally among charities that are selected. In addition, the Board members are committed to supporting all fundraising activities.